CLIQUE

LIST OF CONTENTS

Peter not game for rest ‘India will be fighting hard to finish off with a strong performance’


Adelaide: Australia are 3-0 up (in the Test series), but that isn’t an excuse for the Australians to relax. Rather, their eagerness to take the field, to trample the Indians in the fourth and final Test, was evident in what Peter Siddle had to say on Thursday.
The Aussie speedster has played in all the three Tests that have been played in the series so far. But suggesting rest to him will be met with a confident protest.
“Any opportunity to play for Australia is a great honour and I definitely don’t want to give my spot up to anyone else and let them have the opportunity… I want to play (in Adelaide). But we’ll have to see what happens in the future… We’ll have discussions, but my thoughts are definitely to play,” Siddle made it clear.
The right-arm fast bowler has taken 17 wickets, at an average of 19.58, so far in the series.
Siddle, in fact, feels that the rotation policy could be better utilised if applied during the one-dayers. “That could be the case… At the moment we’ve got a few injuries, so, hopefully, I do get my opportunity to get back in there (Adelaide Test) and have a crack…
“Obviously, I want to. But I guess those boys will be coming back at the same time. So there might be a time that they can have a look at a few of us and give us a bit of a rest and get a few different blokes in there.”
Asked how his body was putting up with the pressure of Test cricket, Siddle said: “I’ve pulled up really good… It’s always nice to finish up in just over two days… It was quite a surprise that we got it done so early and it was good to get home for a few days. I’m feeling good, the body’s great and I’m looking forward to getting over to Adelaide.”
The pacer, who has 108 wickets from 30 Tests at an average of 29.75, highlighted the likely approach of his team for the fourth Test when he said: “We’ve started off well and to have it 3-0 now is a good achievement…
“To get to Adelaide and finish them off with another victory would be a great way forward for us as a team… A real confidence boost.”
But he doesn’t expect the Indians to serve it on a platter. “They’re an experienced Test side, so they’re obviously not going to come out and make it easy for us. They will be fighting and working hard to finish off here with a strong performance and show they are a competitive side. It'’ going to be hard work, whether they make any changes or not, we’ve just got to be ready to go,” Siddle said.
Siddle said that getting dropped in Sri Lanka was a wake-up call. “I think so… I think that getting dropped in Sri Lanka hurt and I knew I had to work harder and do a lot more for the team to get the rewards.